Tuesday, June 7, 2011

7 June 2011

Hello family, this is going to have to be quick this week
We've had another good week. We've been focusing a lot on finding new people to teach.. Prayers would be appreciated. We need a little extra help with this.
A few stories from this week and a quick update are all I have time for.
Saturday night we went to an appointment to a less active I'm teaching. He is a elderly-person caretaker and lives at his work. Upon getting there, he told us there was something he needed help with. There was one old women on hospice care that would likely die that night or the next morning. He asked if we could do anything. We went in and met her daughter and talked for a while, then gave her a blessing. It was a really interesting experience. We blessed her that her passing to the next life would be really smooth. I felt very strongly that her spirit was longing to be free from her old and very, very frail body. I also felt she would not live much longer, and it wasn't God's will she be healed this time. Her labored breathing did ease though, and she looked more peaceful. I assume she passed away the next day.
Yesterday we had a district meeting. At the end, we all knelt as a district to ask if the Book of Mormon was true. It was a very powerful experience for all of us. I felt the Holy Ghost stronger than I've had in a while. It was really neat. The Book of Mormon definitely is true, and it's the best news in the world!
A good chunk of my area is Oceanside, and a lot of people we talk to go to or have attended Oceanside High. Several of them know about Jordan Wynn playing there and are happy to know I'm a Ute like him!
We had only one lesson with West and Ceyda last week. Ceyda had to go to base for 2 weeks so she asked me to give her homework. I made a pack of pamphlets and reading and stuff for her to do. She said she'd do it. West is still in town and I will meet tomorrow with him. Still no baptism date left.
We met someone yesterday whose mom cleans the mission home. She said that President Cook is the only mission president they've met who wears robe and slippers around home. I thought that was really funny.
That's all I have time for. Have a great week
Love you all
Elder La Follette

No comments:

Post a Comment