Tuesday, November 9, 2010

9 November 2010

Hi family!
I don't have a lot of time, but it's been a good week.
Monday-Wednesday the Santa Ana winds came in and suddenly November turned to July. It got up to 98 degrees on Wednesday. Whew! That was hot. But it's nice and cool now.
We have a new investigator, Phillip, in the singles branch. He was a referral from church HQ, and has a friend that is an active member of another branch. Long story short, we gave him a book of Mormon, and have taught him 4 lessons. He has been to church twice and LOVES LOVES LOVES it. He has a baptismal date for the 21st of November. He keeps telling us every day how excited he is.
I am sorry I don't have time to give updates for everyone else, but our investigators are doing well. Rod didn't come to church so we'll have to push his BD another week. Marvin is doing awesome and found some work part time. He is actually sitting next to me here at the library looking for more work. He is awesome.
Transfers are a week from today. It is very likely that Elder Hinds will leave, and I will stay here with a new companion. We find out Saturday night.
I apologize that this is so short this week. I love you all so much. Keep your letters coming! I pray for each one of you individually every day. Stay happy!
Love, Elder Jon La Follette
PS- Utah vs. TCU......yuck. Let's all hope they pick it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment