Tuesday, February 21, 2012

21 February 2012


Hello family! I hope you are all doing well.
I am being transferred later today to a new area.  President Cook told me he is counting on me in the new area.  I don't know where it is yet.  In our mission, they call and tell us Saturday night IF we're going, but don't say where.  On Tuesday afternoon, all the missionaries getting transferred and their companions will all meet at the Carlsbad Stake Center (which happens to be our church building), where we have a meeting, and President Cook will then go ward by ward and say who is transferring and where to.  After the meeting, we meet our new companions and travel with the ward member that is from the new ward, and go to the new area.  Our mission is small enough so that is the easiest way to do it.  It's also a good time to see other missionaries and mingle a little bit, and say goodbye to the ones going home.
 We haven't met with Eigi since last week, but the elders will probably stop by tomorrow after district meeting.   Beth has been doing great so far.  She still goes to seminary every day and is still really solid in the Gospel.  The elders will have one more lesson with her then she'll be passed off to ward missionaries and home teachers to finish the lessons.  Her family didn't come to church this week but hopefully her brother will start coming again.  He's been twice already.  That's all I'm going to know now though, unless I get further info down the road.
Tatsiana won't reply to us anymore, and rarely responds to member friends, even to invites to dinner and such.  We will send her as a referral to the Encinitas missionaries in Del Mar stake, where she lives, since she isn't showing any signs of moving.
Misty [edit] came to church this week!  I don't even know if I've mentioned her before.  We've been teaching her and her husband Rian for about a month.  We had a good lesson over there this week about the Restoration and they committed to read Moroni 10 and pray about it.  They are afraid to have to make changes in their lives if it's true, but are willing to take it step by step.  Misty is a member who grew up in the church, then fell away a few years ago.   Rian is not a member, and didn't really grow up religious.  They first came to church my 2nd or 3rd week here, and that was it.  They work at Costco on Sundays and have a hard time getting it off.  But Misty showed up to church this week and even stayed all 3 hours.  Hopefully Rian will be able to come soon too.
Al has officially found a rehab to go to.  We've had a couple false alarms but he has signed paperwork and everything to go to a 9-month rehab called the Alpha Project.  Starting from day 1, they help them overcome drugs as well as help them earn money and get them a job when they get out.  It is exactly what he needs and I hope it works out.  He may be leaving to it as early as today.  We saw him this morning to say goodbye.
I've had a great time in Carlsbad.  I wish I could stay 6 more weeks, but I suppose I'm needed elsewhere.  The people in Carlsbad are wonderful, especially the members of the Church.  I've made a lot of friendships here, just like my other areas.  I've grown a lot (physically as well....) and have learned a lot.  My next area might be my last, and it might not.  Either way, I'll let you know where I go next week.  On to my 5th area and 13th companion!  I wonder if I'll stay in San Diego County like the rest of my mission, or if I'll break the streak and head to Orange County or even Temecula in Riverside County!
I hope y'all have a great week.
Love
Elder La Follette

No comments:

Post a Comment